Yay! You made it- welcome to the blog! I’m your host, Kidlit Writer & Librarian, Chelsea DiCicco. And here is a picture of me with my bat house.
Does this picture have anything to do with WRITING? Nope.
Does it make me happy? YEP!
Below you’ll find my blog entries. Bon Appétit! Enjoy!
WARNING: Blog entries occasionally contain high amounts of SALT, and almost always a heavy dosage of SWEETNESS, so if you have problems with high levels of sodium intake or are predisposed to diabetes, this may not be the right place for you.
Okay, okay, in all seriousness, here are the types of things you’ll find here on the blog:
- Writing updates
- Book Recommendations
- Free Family Resources
- Library Posts
And of course… one my personal favorites…
- Monthly Feature Interviews, (published the first of every month) with guest Authors and Illustrators. Every month we discuss the publishing industry and go over questions, tips, advice and share successes, setbacks, and inspirations. And of course, we talk about NEW BOOKS! *Make sure to comment, like & subscribe to/or follow the blog to be automatically entered into the monthly PRIZE DRAWING! That’s right- there are monthly prizes.
Speaking of which… here’s an easy link to follow or subscribe to the blog!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 8 amazing books, and why you should have them in your classroom. - Finding great books can be hard, especially when you have a full schedule. So, where can you find the BEST recommendations? It’s no secret that librarians are a great resource when it comes to discovering fabulous new reads. So, here’s a list of amazing books and why you should have them in your classroom or … Continue reading 8 amazing books, and why you should have them in your classroom.
- September 2023 Feature Interview with Children’s Author, Laurie Carmody, conducted by Kidlit Writer, Blogger & Librarian, Chelsea DiCicco - September 2023 Feature Interview with Children’s Author, Laurie Carmody, conducted by Chelsea DiCicco, Kidlit Writer, Blogger & Librarian.
- AUGUST 2023 FEATURE INTERVIEW WITH CHILDREN’S AUTHOR, JESS TOWNES, conducted by Chelsea dicicco - Read about publishing tips & secrets that can help you get to where you need to go with YOUR writing!
- July 2023 Feature Interview With Children’s Author, Aya Khalil, conducted by Chelsea DiCicco - Join me today on the blog for July's Feature Interview with special guest, Children's Author Aya Khalil, as we discuss the beginning steps to publishing, personal challenges, encouragement, writing tips, inspiration & of course, new books! Make sure to leave a comment on July's Feature Interview, and subscribe to the blog, during the month of July in order to be entered into the GIVEAWAY!
- Barnes & Noble Book Signing in Bowling Green KY, With Children’s Author & Librarian, Chelsea DiCicco - If you live locally, stop by and say hello at the author book signing in Barnes and Noble, Bowling Green Kentucky on July 8th from 1pm-4pm with local Librarian & Children's Author of ADHD AND ME, Chelsea DiCicco.
- June 2023 Feature Interview with Children’s Book Author, Nancy Churnin, Conducted by Chelsea DiCicco - Hello again, friends, and welcome to another fantastic FEATURE INTERVIEW. This month I'm talking with visiting guest, Nancy Churnin. Nancy’s Bio: Nancy Churnin is an award-winning children’s book author who writes about people that inspire children to be kind and make the world a better place. Her Dear Mr. Dickens won the 2021 National Jewish … Continue reading June 2023 Feature Interview with Children’s Book Author, Nancy Churnin, Conducted by Chelsea DiCicco
- May 2023 Double Feature Interview with Children’s Book Author Marzieh Abbas, and Children’s Book Illustrator Anu Chouhan, Conducted by Chelsea DiCicco - Join me today for an exciting double FEATURE INTERVIEW for the month of May with Children's Author, Marzieh Abbas and Children's Illustrator, Anu Chouhan. We'll be discussing NEW BOOKS, how to land agents & more! #writingcommunity #featureinterview #chelseasworldofbooks
- AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH: book recommendations! - Looking for some great neurodiverse book recommendations for Autism Awareness Month? Look no further! Check out these wonderful reads by neurodiverse voices! From Children's, Teen, to Adult- we have you covered with over 100 titles to add to your browse list!
- APRIL FEATURE INTERVIEW WITH CHILDREN’S AUTHOR, ELLEN LEVENTHAL - Today, I'm talking with guest Children's Author, Ellen Leventhal, and discussing some fun new releases, and taking a peek behind the curtain of author visits. Make sure to comment on the blogpost for your chance to win the GIVEAWAY PRIZE!
- MY SPRING FLING KIDLIT 2023 ENTRY: WAKE UP, WORLD! IT’S SPRING! BY CHELSEA DICICCO - My 2023 Spring Fling Kidlit Entry: Wake up, World! It's Spring! 121 words, by Chelsea DiCicco.
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate, which means, some of the products you may find linked on my website/blog are sponsored items.